Ready Steady Speak is back for the RemixUK Event in Brighton on Thursday 18th and Friday 19th of September 2008. Are you a budding speaker? A Designer with a passion for what you do who would like to educate us Developers in how it's done or some other aspect of design which we really don't get? Are you a Developer who wants to get his message across to designers about just how cool the latest features in Web Development Technologies are or do you just want to share your knowledge with your fellow designers and developers? If so then Ready Steady Speak at RemixUK could be the ideal opportunity!
RemixUK is all about the conversation and the opportunity for Web Developers and Web Designers to mix and discuss their roles and technologies and work together to shape the future of the Web!. Ready Steady Speak is a unique way for you to have a go at delivering a short presentation to a very receptive audience of like minded people, and hopefully once you get a taste you'll go on to deliver full presentations or more nugget style presentations at local usergroup events, Barcamps etc around the country! I've presented at a number of events and conferences now and the Buzz is amazing - so I very much encourage you to have a go! If you have any questions or doubts email me - using the contact form on this blog and I'll do everything I can to help you!
The full details of the RemixUK Ready Steady Speak Competition are:
Contestants will present a 5 min session on a subject of their choice relating to Web Development or Web Design. They will present in front of the REMIX audience and in front of a panel of judges. If there are more than a certain number of contestants (TBD), there will be ‘heats’ earlier in the day with the winners of the heats in a ‘speak-off’ in the evening session. The ‘speak-off’ will take place as stated in the evening of the first day of MIX and the first prize is an XBox 360 + Goodies!
· Speakers must NOT have previously presented ‘full sessions’ at DDD, TechEd, DevWeek, SDN, SQLBITS, VBUG Conference, NxtGenUG FEST or any similar such conferences.
· Speakers must create a new session of their own with new material which can be based on existing material but cannot be a simple copy of it.
· Speakers must limit their session to as close to 5 mins as possible( overrunning time will cause the speaker to be marked down.)
· Speakers must not have previously won Speaker Idol or “Ready Steady Speak” UK Launch
· Speakers must state their desire to enter the competition by no later than COP Monday 15th September 2008 by email.
· Speakers should provide if at all possible their own laptop, but one can be provided if necessary. The speaker should notify the organisers of any software prerequisites.
· Speakers should have spoken previously at a User Group meeting even if only for a 10 min mini-session or ‘nugget’. This is NOT mandatory.
So come on and have go it'll be a great and very rewarding experience!!! I'm really looking forward to making the very long trip down to Brighton and look forward to meeting lots of new great people!